Hey! Thanks for dropping by! My name is Nicki – owner of Fit Inside Out.
Fit Inside Out is exactly what it says on the tin – it’s about being fit from the inside out, with an emphasis on eating and training for good health and longevity rather than for aesthetics. I am a huge advocate of strength training for a number of reasons:
- Strength: Your first goal when training should be to become physically stronger – this does not mean bulking up – it means being strong and maintaining strength and function into old age
- Function: To develop and increase your muscle mass enabling you to get up, get down and move around without injuring yourself
- Bone Density: Our bones weaken as age – strength training helps to maintain and even increase bone density – who wouldn’t want that?
- Mental Health: This isn’t exclusive to strength training but exercise releases endorphins and serotonin that are mood boosters. When you exercise regularly, it can reduce stress and symptoms of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety
- Aesthetics: This shouldn’t be your primary reason but it goes without saying that when you build muscle and lose fat, what you’re left with is a lean and sculpted body