Hey! Thanks for dropping by! My name is Nicki – owner of Fit Inside Out.
Fit Inside Out is exactly what it says on the tin – it’s about being fit from the inside out, with an emphasis on eating and training for good health and longevity rather than for aesthetics. I am a huge advocate of strength training for a number of reasons:
- To increase your bone density – keeping your bones dense into old age
- Function: To develop and increase your muscle mass – further protecting your bones as you get older as well as the obvious benefit of making you stronger, enabling to get up, get out and get down
- To sculpt your body: Through strength training and the right nutrition, you can change the composition of your body
- For good health: Other than the points above, you never know when illness is going to strike or you may need an operation – the healthier and fitter you are going into an operation, the quicker your recovery afterwards
- For your mental wellbeing – this isn’t exclusive to strength training but exercise releases endorphins and serotonin that are mood boosters. If you exercise regularly, it can reduce stress and symptoms of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety